Creativity and innovation are essential to an organization’s success, and both should be infused into every aspect of a business. Companies with creative and innovative employees keep up with industry changes and have a competitive advantage. Human Resources (HR) can help to foster a workplace’s culture.
For this assignment, assume the role of HR Manager. The HR Director has asked you to define the ideal qualities of the employees and leadership for cultivating a culture of creativity and innovation. Your findings will be used to develop training and development for new and/or existing employees and leaders.
Choose one of the following:
- Option 1: Imagine you are creating a new and innovative company in the travel or retail industry.
- Option 2: Use a company you are interested in from the travel or retail industry.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Identify which option you chose and indicate the products and/or services the company provides.
- Describe the ideal qualities of a leader who inspires a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Describe the steps a leader may take to be a contributor to a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Identify two important leadership qualities of an individual aspiring to be a leader.
- Describe barriers to fostering a culture of creativity and innovation from a leadership and employee perspective.
- Discuss ways that the leadership may coach and support employees with overcoming the barriers.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine employee and leadership qualities as related to an organizational culture of creativity and innovation.