Sometimes things go wrong and it’s not always a bad thing. Define and discuss the concept of productive failure. Discuss a time in your organization’s history (or an organization you are familiar with) when a change process failed. Explain the situation and what was learned in the process. Why do some organizations fail but become stronger while others fail to recover?
Palmer, I., Dunford, R., & Buchanan, D. (2022).
Managing organizational change: A multiple perspectives approach
. McGraw-Hill Education.
· Chapter 11: Sustaining Change versus Initiative Decay
Glaze, S. (2012, March 30).
How penguin leadership will change your team culture (Links to an external site.)
[Blog post]. Retrieved from http://michaelhyatt.com/how-penguin-leadership-will-change-your-team-culture.html
· This article provides interesting details on the development of leadership skills to enhance teamwork.
Kotter, J. P. (2012, November).
Accelerate! How the most innovative companies capitalize on today’s rapid-fire strategic challenges – and still make their numbers. (Links to an external site.)
Harvard Business Review, 90(11), 43-58. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
· This article takes a critical look at strategic management and the impact on organizations. The content reviews the dynamic of stale versus aggressive change management strategies.
Lamm, E., Gordon, J. R., & Purser, R. E. (2010).
The role of value congruence in organizational change (Links to an external site.)
. Organization Development Journal, 28(2), 49-64. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
· This article reviews the relationship between the personal value system and value system of the organization. The authors discuss the variables of the relationship during a time of organizational change.
Morukian, M. (2020, May 4).
Expansion: The missing link to sustainable diversity and inclusion (Links to an external site.)
. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellevate/2020/05/04/expansion-the-missing-link-to-sustainable-diversity-and-inclusion/?sh=38a3627f1985
· This article discusses how organizations can implement sustainable diversity and inclusion change initiatives.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Coaching for Leaders. (Producer). (2013, July 28).
99: Succeeding through unexpected change
(Links to an external site.)
[Audio podcast]. Retrieved from http://coachingforleaders.com/podcast/succeeding-through-unexpected-change/
· This podcast provides a simple platform for leading the change manager through a time of unexpected events. Reminds the leader of core behaviors for success.