Diversity through 21st Century Teaching and Learning
Select three of the five prompts below, and then discuss how the Framework for 21st Century Learning (Links to an external site.) can be applied to each prompt using specific examples of the actions you would take to apply the framework. Your response to each of the three selected prompts should be one paragraph.
- Analyze how you can maintain high standards and demonstrate high expectations for all ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse students in the classroom.
- Reflect on ways in which you will choose culturally relevant curriculum and instructional materials that recognize, incorporate, and reflect students’ heritage and the contributions of various ethnic groups.
- Discuss how you would differentiate instruction for the inclusion of various learning styles.
- Reflect on ways in which you would modify instruction for special education students.
- Discuss how you would modify instruction to meet the needs of students who are designated second language learners.
Burnaford, G., & Brown, T. (2014). Teaching and learning in 21st century learning environments: A reader . Bridgepoint Education.