Read the 2020 Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner’s Annual report. Read the introduction that starts on page 5 of the actual report (Not the memorandum).
In a minimum 2 page report in APA format,
· Write an introduction to your report and include a definition of a Medical Examiner’s Case. As part of your introduction include: Who are medical examiners? When did they come into existence? What are they responsible for doing? Who is the Chief Medical Examiner in Pima county? What is M.E.’s role in the investigation and prosecution of murder cases?
Legal Aspects and Workload
· Identify the Arizona State Statute that covers the reporting of death
· list the 9 instances where a death is required to be reported to the PCOME.
· List the 5 manners of death
Data and Analysis
· How many decedents were processed by PCOME in 2020 and how many were examined by PCOME?
· Read pages 9-11 in the report and summarize what you read. What is your reaction?
· Read pages 12 – 13 and summarize what you have read
· Read pages 44-46 and summarize what you have read
· Identify one trend associated with those statistics.
· Then select any other category in the report that interests you and write a question you have about that category and write a brief answer/explanation to your question.
Reflection and What You Learned
· Reflect on what you have read in the PCOME report discuss what you learned?
· Document any references to include the PCOME report and any other research you did in this section. This must be in APA format.
· Hanging Indents
· Alphabetical Order
After submitting this on D2L go to your WKL chart in your notebook and update your What I Learned Column.
Check List for a complete Report:
1. Read the 2020 Pima County Medical Examiner’s Report ◻︎
2. Write your report in APA format ◻︎
3. Write an Introduction and include a definition for a Medical Examiner’s Case ◻︎
4. Write out the Arizona State Statute that covers the reporting of death in Arizona ◻︎
5. List the 9 instances where a death is required to be reported to the Medical Examiner’s Office ◻︎
6. State how many decedents were processed and how many were examined in 2020 ◻︎
7. Read pages 9-11 then 12-13 and 44-46 and summarize what you read in each section ◻︎
8. Identify one trend associated with a statistic or statistics from those pages and your reaction ◻︎
9. Select any other death related category in the report that interests you, ask a question about that category, then summarize the information and your reaction ◻︎
10. Complete your report by writing about what you learned from this report. What resonated with you? ◻︎
11. Create a reference entry in APA format to complete your report.
12. Submit your report on D2L
13. Upload any interesting fact you learned on your KWL chart in your notebook.
APA Format Reminders:
1. Cover page and page numbers upper right corner
2. Topic Headings
4. Legal Aspects and Workload
5. Data and Trends
6. Reflection and What You Learned
7. Reference List