https://www.americanyawp.com/ Chapter 25-30 if you need it.
100 words minimum per question
1.What did the creation of the Department of Defense and the CIA in the immediate postwar period represent? Why was the United States so focused on its national security?
2. Why was Jim Crow vulnerable in the 1950s when it had been resistant to change for so long? What strategies did supporters of civil rights use to challenge Jim Crow? How effective were they?
3. Why is 1968 considered â€œthe year of the studentâ€? How did the occupation at Columbia University embody the sentiment of student radicalism? What aspect of this event was a catalyst for the womenâ€™s liberation movement?
4. How and why did the publicâ€™s view of the Vietnam War change over time? Had you been in college in the late 1960s, how do you think you might have viewed and responded to the war?
5. How did the mentality of the Nixon White House contribute to the break-in at the Watergate in June 1972? Should President Nixon have been impeached or faced criminal charges? What lessons â€“ if any â€“ does Watergate teach about the abuse of presidential power?
6. When you review the long sweep of U.S. history, do you think the countryâ€™s best days are ahead of us or behind us? Why? (Thereâ€™s no right or wrong answer, but give it some thought.)