Assignments are numbered in order.
Assignment one has a TEMPLATE + EXAMPLE
Each assignment has a template to guide you through.
Evolution of the Hospital Industry: A Comparative Analysis
Write a 2–3 page paper about the similarities and differences in hospital care from the different time periods (1800s, 1960s, and today), as well as the conclusions you drew from your analysis.
Include a research table in the appendix of your paper.
Complete the following:
1. Research how the hospital industry has evolved in terms of hospital environment, medical staff education, level of care in hospitals, and payment systems.
. You will need to reference a total of three scholarly sources in your paper.
. Be sure to cite these references within the body of your paper correctly using APA 7th Edition style citations.
· Complete the Comparative Analysis Table: Hospital Care Evolution, located in the appendix of the
Comparative Analysis Template [DOCX]
. Provide two descriptive changes for each time period under each of the headings.
. Add bullet points to each cell in the table to document the descriptive changes that you have found for each topic.
. Document the source where you found the information for each cell in the table, using APA-style citations.
· Write an introduction to the paper using the
Comparative Analysis Template [DOCX]
. Include a brief explanation of the purpose of the paper and main ideas.
. Reference significant trends that you noticed as appropriate.
. Refer to the Writing Support page on Campus for resources to help you as you write and revise your paper.
· Write the body of the paper.
. Write the Hospital Care Evolution section in the assessment template, using the information from the Comparative Analysis Table you completed.
. Describe your findings about each topic in the different time periods under each subtopic heading.
. Explain the trends in hospital environment, medical staff education, level of care in hospitals, and the payment systems in a short paragraph (3–4 sentences) for each topic, using the subheadings provided in the assessment template.
. Cite all references used within the body of your paper using APA-style citations.
· Write the Comparative Analysis section (1–2 paragraphs) in the assessment template.
. Write a brief summary of your comparisons and analysis about the significance of the key changes from the different time periods.
. Draw conclusions about how the hospital industry has evolved from the 1800s to the 1960s to today and about the significance of the key milestones from the different time periods.
. Give specific examples of the impact on the quality of patient care during these time frames.
· Write a conclusion paragraph where you summarize the main ideas included in the paper.
· Explain why it is important to study the history of hospital care for your profession.
· Your paper should be 2–3 pages, in addition to the title page, appendix, and reference page.
· Double space your paper, and use Times New Roman, 12-point font, as indicated in the assessment template.
· Use a minimum of three resources.
· Complete all parts of the assessment template, using the headings provided in the template.
· Support all points with credible evidence, in the form of APA citations.
· Include a references page in APA format with appropriate citations.
· Complete the Comparative Analysis Table: Hospital Care Evolution table in the appendix of the assessment template.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
Analyze trends in the U.S. health care system from a historical perspective.
. Compare and contrast the hospital environments of the 1800s, 1960s, and today.
. Compare and contrast the level of care provided in hospitals of the 1800s, 1960s, and today.
. Compare and contrast the payment systems in the hospitals of the 1800s, 1960s, and today.
. Draw conclusions about how the hospital industry has evolved from the 1800s, to the 1960s, to today.
Analyze the development of medical education in the United States.
. Compare and contrast the staff education level in hospitals of the 1800s, 1960s, and today.
Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
. Appropriately addresses all components of the assessment prompt, using the assessment description to structure text.
. Apply APA 7th Edition formatting to in-text citations and references.