Assignment: Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet
No Running Head. APA style. Please ensure intext-citations and references are up to APA style. No references older than 5 years. Please include doi for any references dated after 2013. 1 page not including the title and reference page
· Consider the role of the nurse informaticist in relation to a healthcare organization’s compliance with various policies and regulations, such as the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
· Research and select one health or nursing informatics policy (within the past 5 years) or regulation for further study.
Use : 21ST CENTURY CURES ACT
The 21st Century Cures Act, passed by both houses of Congress and signed into law by President Obama in December 2016, covers many facets of healthcare. The goals for all, though, are the same: to “help modernize and personalize health care, encourage greater innovation, support research, and streamline the system,” according to the act’s mission statement.
Among the ways those goals will be sought is by the discovery of cures in basic science; streamlining the drug and device development process; unleashing the power of digital medicine and social media at the treatment delivery phase.
The Assignment: (1 page not including the title and reference page)
Create a 1-page fact sheet that your healthcare organization could hypothetically use to explain the health or nursing informatics policy/regulation you selected. Your fact sheet should address the following:
· Briefly and generally explain the policy 21ST CENTURY CURES ACT
· Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on system implementation.
· Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on clinical care, patient/provider interactions, and workflow.
· Highlight organizational policies and procedures that are/will be in place at your healthcare organization to address the policy or regulation you selected. Be specific.