The purpose of the presentation is for you to educate your colleagues on the drug you have selected. The presentation must include information about the:
- Drug pharmacology, pharmacokinetics
- Brand name
- Generic name
- Indications for use
- Side effects
- Pregnancy class
- You must also perform a cost analysis of the drug.
- Provide a patient case study on a patient in which you would utilize the drug you have selected and include at least two peer-reviewed evidence-based studies related to the drug.
- Describe the appropriate patient education.
- What is your role as a Nurse Practitioner for prescribing this medication to this patient on your case study presentation?
- Describe the monitoring and follow-up.
- Presentation is original work and logically organized in current APA style including citation of references.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- PowerPoint presentation with 10-15 slides, excluding the title slide and the reference slide.
- The presentation is clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.