Products and services Warren ASH
In a two-page journal, address the following prompts:
- Define both product design and product development process. It is important to distinguish between product design and the product development process. How are they different?
- How does a new product or service provide a firm a competitive advantage?
- Please provide us with an example of a new product or service (one you were involved in or one you know of).
- How did it provide a competitive advantage to the firm that produced it?
- Briefly explain how the phases of product and service development apply to the product or service you mentioned above. Good product and service design does not happen by accident; rather, it requires a coordinated effort supported by many individuals, both within and outside of a firm. In Section 15.2, we reviewed the product development process, and Table 15.1 offers a view of the phases of product and service development.