Project Management Process – Research Project #2
Research Project # 2
The journal indicated below describes a national project. Based on the journal, and on your team’s understanding of the project, answer the questions below:
Journal title: “1976 Montreal Olympics: Case Study of Project Management Failure”
Please find the attached PDF for the Journal
7.Provide two Level 3 Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for this project. These two should be the intial (or planned) and final (or actual) WBS. Explain the difference [2 pages]
8 .Provide two 7), was there an evidence of scope creep in the project? Provide rationale.[1 page]
9. Create one network diagram for the project using the final WBS in (7) above [1 page]
Side note from instructor:
- Your response should be between 4 pages content only, Title page, Reference page
- This research project requires you to tie together the key components of project management.
- Ensure all responses you provide (including numbers and facts) are supported with information from the journal, or where necessary, provide appropriate assumptions and additional information from external sources. However facts from the journal will trump all external sources. This journal including all other external sources should be correctly referenced.
- Use effective APA in-text citation to help the reader know exactly where you are picking your facts from.
- Your groups should help you bounce off ideas off each other, since no one person knows it all.
- If there are any questions or clarifications needed, the PM may contact me. All the best!