Part 2: Research Questions and Annotated References List
• Weight: 10% of the final grade
• Due: no later than 11:00 p.m. on Sunday of Unit 6
Part 2 of the Team Project will help you to:
• Distinguish between two types of reports (informal and formal).
• Demonstrate effective business research and information literacy skills for planning a business report.
• Research and plan a formal business report.
This assignment is the second part of your Team Project. At this stage, you already have your team and topic assignment. You have completed your Course Project Plan and Agreement, and you are now ready to begin the planning of your report. The assignment will be developed through two steps. The first step is writing the research questions, and the second step is conducting research and completing an annotated references list.
Step 1: Complete the unit readings, including the Yorkville Write a Report.
Step 2: Your team will write 5 research questions. Your research questions will identify the key dimensions of your overall topic, which has been assigned by your instructor. The unit 6 reading describes how to write research questions.
Step 3: If you have not already done so in the Team Plan and Agreement, ensure that you assign research questions and tasks to individual team members, so everyone is clear about their contribution to the final report.
Step 4: Begin collecting research in the YU Library guided by your research questions. For each research question, identify three (3) academic references from the YU library.
Step 5: Review the research and create an annotated references list. (You will find instructions about how to create an annotated reference list in the unit 6 readings.)
Step 6: Draft the report introduction including the statement of the purpose of the report.
Your overall submission should include:
3. Title page (include assignment title and topic, name, date, course code/title, instructor name). If you have team members who didn’t contribute to this assignment, do not include their names on the title page.
4. Research Questions
5. Annotated References List (full references with annotations). The references page must be completed for this assignment and should be APA formatted.
Submit on the unit 6 assignment page. Submit all assignments in this course as MS Word documents.
• Papers written with double-spacing allow easier review and editing.
• Use APA referencing guidelines for citations and references. Click here to review “APA Style”.
• Do not write in first person; write in third person (he, she, they).
• Ensure all references are academic sources. If an article is found in an academic journal in one of the library databases, then you can assume it has been peer reviewed and thus acceptable. Many articles found readily online may not have been exposed to any editorial vetting process, and thus should not be used as a resource.
Late Submission Policy
• This assignment is subject to the Late Submission penalty policy, namely 5% per day for three days.
• This page will close and will not allow further submissions after this Late Submission period has expired.
• In the event of an emergency preventing you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your instructor. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
• Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
Team Project Part 2: Research Questions and Annotated References List will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
% of Final Grade
1. Content (30%)
a. Completion of all segments of Assignment (Research questions, introduction, purpose statement, annotated references list)
a. Research questions are clear, well written, and appropriate to the assigned topic.
2. Research/Annotated References List (30%)
a. Students should identify a minimum of three academic references for each of the five research questions (15 references total). All external sources are properly cited and referenced. References are properly annotated. References list is properly formatted in APA.
3. Critical Thinking and Analysis (20%)
a. Teams demonstrate ability to synthesize topic, research questions, and research to demonstrate solid understanding of assigned topic.
4. Writing Style (20%)
a. Students present professional quality work with minimal errors in spelling, grammar and syntax.
BUSI 1073 Course Project Plan and Agreement
[Team Members’ Names’]
[Do not include names of students who did not contribute to the assignment.]
BUSI 1073 Business Writing and Communications
Professor [Instructor Name Agoro Papaioannou]
[Date] 23 January 2022
TEAM PROJECT PLAN AND AGREEMENT
The purpose of the Course Project Plan and Agreement is to ensure that all members of the team agree on how you will complete the project, how your team will work together to meet required deadlines and goals, and how your team will handle any conflict that may arise. Your document will also include a detailed project schedule for planning the work and accountability to complete the course project. This plan and agreement will become your team’s main tool for planning and managing the work and ensuring clear communications across team members to achieve intended goals. This plan and agreement will be a working document that you will continue to update as you work together to complete the course project; however, it is intended to be completed for submission and grading at the end of unit 3.
The completed plan and agreement will serve as your team contract under which you will work to accomplish all assigned deliverables, both in terms of quantity and quality. It is important for each member of the team to contribute to and accept responsibility for the information contained in this document. The plan and agreement must be completed as Part I of the team project and is a graded assignment. The completed plan and agreement should be kept easily accessible for team members in MS Teams, along with all communications related to your project. If an external tool is used for meetings, a summary of team meetings should be posted in MS teams.
As you prepare your plan and agreement, have an honest conversation about how to draw on everyone’s strengths to maximize the impact of your work together on the 4 team assignments (the plan/agreement, research and references, report, and presentation). Does a member have strong research skills? Does a member have a particularly strong background in the subject matter? Does a member have strong editing skills? Does a member exhibit strong planning or leadership skills?
It is important to note that in this program, students on the same team may not necessarily receive the same grade for the assigned project. Where evidence exists that a student did not contribute or failed to meet the expectations as collectively approved under this agreement and plan, the instructor may assign a portion of the grade (0-99%) to individual students. It is incumbent on team members to notify the instructor as soon as an issue may arise. Students are not able to remove a member from their team. The instructor will mediate team issues should such be required.
Share this plan and agreement among your team and negotiate the terms. Your team leader should submit the final copy via the assignment link in Unit 3 for grading. Feedback will be provided and a formal grade will be assigned.
COURSE CODE/COURSE NAME: BUSI 1073 – Business Writing and Communications PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Agoro Papaioannou DATE OF SUBMISSION: 23 Jan. 2022
Contact information for team members:
TIME ZONE/ AVAILABILITY
Eastern Standard Time 7 to 9 PM.
Not got any contact yet.
Not attended any class just waiting for Email response.
TEAM STRENTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Needs Help or Improvement
Communication/ high efficiency, leadership
Confidence and Time Management
Writing ,teamwork ,Creativity
Believing and trusting others work.
Forming New goals and ideas.
Team Leader: It is generally advisable to assign a team leader to every project. The team leader will serve as the primary contact point between the team and the professor throughout the project and will be responsible for posting the final project to the assignment drop box. Your team should discuss whether you want to assign one team leader for the duration of the project, or to share the responsibility by rotating the responsibility of leadership. There are benefits to both approaches, so have a discussion about which approach best suites your team. Discuss what qualities and skills are required to lead the team and select the most appropriate team member(s).
NAME OF TEAM LEADER: _____Kiranpreet Kaur______________________________________________
As a group, discuss your team’s goals. When a team has a shared goal and everyone is committed to achieving the goal, the team is more likely to succeed.
Everytime a proper planned discussion .
Every problem solving skills
Every different ideas and new thinking .
Commitments: Describe below what commitments your team members will make to your team.
1. Contact every member of the group and their participation is necessary .
2. Make sure our work is submitted on time with all needed conditions.
3. Ensure our deadlines are never compromised.
4. We commit full Co-operation and involvement in every group work .
Ensuring Fair and Even Contribution and Collaboration: Describe the measures your team will take to ensure that all team members are contributing and collaborating in an appropriate fashion. How will you as a team communicate if a team member is not contributing and
1. We will initial try to establish communication with that particular team member and try to counsil him/her.
2. We will try to help that person in every possible way but ensuring that our deadlines are not compromised .
3. We will try to establish communication and get to know that if person had any problem or any issue.
4. After repeated warnings, we will get in touch with professor. And wait for her discussions.
Team Meeting Ground Rules: Participation, communication, problem solving, decision making, frequency, procedures.
1. Participation of all group members.
2. Full co-operation and co-ordination.
3. Effective and healthy communication.
4. Ensuring Mutual respect for each other.
5. Respecting leader’s decision.
Expectations for Time Management and Involvement: Describe below your collective
expectations as they relate to member participation, communication, quality, accessibility, and commitment.
1. Proper planning and brain stroming.
2. Make Everyone’s involvement and participation.
3. Filter out the upcoming ideas from the members.
4. Presentable work and time management to reach out the deadlines on time.
5. Motivating everyone in the group and helping in understanding the terms and topics.
Conflict Management and Problem Solving: How will your team manage any conflict which may arise? Discuss some of the following problems that often arise on teams and how you will handle them: communication breakdowns; missed deadlines; complexity of assignments; individual preferences to work alone; not understanding instructions; individuals dominating the group; absence due to health, emergencies, apathy, etc.; cultural differences.
1. Making Each other comfortable in group.
2. Make sure everyone understands your way of assigning work.
3. Conducting online meetings on Zoom.
4. Proper manner of Behaving With team Members.
5. Proper communication can also help in avoiding disputes.
6. Listening very consciously to other people ideas.
7. Welcoming new ideas and encouraging them.
PROJECT SCHEDULE AND DELIVERABLES
It is advisable to be as detailed as possible in the assignment of duties, tasks and deadlines for a project. Be specific. Review the Team Project Overview and discuss the scope of work required for the four team assignments: Team Plan and Agreement, Research and Annotated References List, Report, Presentation. Divide each assignment into the subtasks required to complete it and schedule the tasks with a due date and responsible team member who will oversee the completion of that task. For example, for this assignment, you can see that there are several sections of the template. You could divide this deliverable into subtasks based on the different sections, such as Project Details, Accountability, and Schedule/Deliverables. Or, you could take a different approach and identify subtasks such as research, writing, editing, etc. It is up to how your team feels that you can best approach each of the four deliverables (Plan/Agreement, Research/References, Report, Presentation). When assigning due dates, keep in mind that the due date of the assignment is when it must be submitted. Therefore, allow time for your team to assemble various parts of the document, format it, proofread it, and edit it. These final tasks can be time consuming, so plan enough time to complete and submit a quality document.
Part 1: Project Plan and Agreement
Part 2: Report Research Questions and Annotated References List
Part 3: Formal Business Report
Part 4: Presentation
Part 5: Peer Evaluations
I/we agree to the terms of the Course Project Learning Agreement as set out in this document:
Team Member Name (Print)
Team Member Signature