Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
After studying Module 4: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
- Therapeutic drug monitoring is a frequent practice in health care. How does age affect drug absorption, metabolization and excretion?
- The use of salt substitutes can cause hyperkalemia in older adults when use in conjunction with what types of drugs?
- Describe how you would prevent and evaluate risk factors for medication nonadherence in older adults?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Gerontology & Diagnostic Studies & Pharmacologic Management
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Meiner, S.E., Yeager, J.J. (2019).
- Health Care in Danger: Why medical ethics matters (Part 2/3) (2:13)
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). (2014, May 8). Health Care in Danger: Why medical ethics matters (Part 2/3) [Video]. YouTube.Health Care in Danger: Why medical ethics matters (Part 2/3) (Links to an external site.)