Week 2 – One Interconnected Economy
- Wal-Mart Japan to Focus on Remodeling Stores, No Plans to Exit Market.
- Walmart Aims for Japan Turnaround.
Please address the following using the articles you read in preparation for this discussion:
- Assume you are currently a store manager at Wal-Mart and, because you speak Japanese fluently, the company has assigned you to manage one of their Seiyu-brand stores in Japan.
- Determine the skills, strengths, or qualities that you possess, relative to the seven dimensions of the Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness (GLOBE) Model, that would help you successfully manage your store.
- Predict two cultural differences that may challenge your current management style and suggest the key actions that could help you address them.