Week Three Discussion B
I’d like to take a look at a powerful and controversial critical article, “The Meaning of Timothy McVeigh,” by Gore Vidal. Please see attached document.
After reading the article, respond to the following questions by Thursday at 11:59 pm.
1. How would you describe Vidal’s style of writing? Is his style effective? Is it appealing?
2. What do you feel Vidal’s purpose is in composing this article?
3. Why do you think this article was so controversial when it was published in late 2001?
4. How does Vidal come to understand McVeigh? Is he sympathetic, apathetic, angry, or empathetic toward him?
5. What do you think of the structure of this article? Is it well designed?
6. Who do you feel the intended audience for this article is? What leads you to that determination?