Try to answer the following questions in each of your journal entries:
The journal entry is strictly based on the materials provided below.
LECTURE 3/ 4/ 5 AND chapter 16 in the book
- What interested you the most in the week’s course content? Why?
- What about the concepts discussed this week? (use the syllabus, course schedule, to see each week’s concepts). Did they help you understand the historical process better, or not? How come? Comment on at least one concept and related event/process discussed in the textbook or lectures.
- What event, concept, or historical process remained unclear to you? Why?
- How do you evaluate your learning process about world history so far?
Please answer each questions RESPECTIVELY.
How to Read Primary
(and a comment about the related assignments)
History 111 – World History since 1500
Jorge Minella (email@example.com)
´ “Stuff” produced in the past by
people from the past.
´ Tell things from the past.
´ How to read? What to ask?
´ Historical imagination, study,
some common sense.
The Primary Source Assignments
´ Four sets of historical documents.
´ Collective annotation on Perusall.
´ Final essay about one of the sets.
´ How historians work.
´ Purpose of the primary source’s author.
´ Argument and strategy.
´ Presuppositions and values.
´ Relate to Other texts.
Collective Annotation –
- How to Read Primary Sources?�(and a comment about the related assignments)
- Reading Primary Sources
- The Primary Source Assignments
- Collective Annotation – Perusall